Tonight I had a mommy temper tantrum. Lovely right? poor McKay... Adalyn just stared at me, at least she wasn't crying (which is what she had been doing the rest of the afternoon) In her defense she did just get her 6 month shots yesterday which always throws her off her schedule for a few days. That would also explain why she woke up 3-4 times last night. Oh man I am SO out of practice with waking up in the middle of the night! Luckily she slept in until 10:30 to make up for it. That girl needs her sleep as much as her mother. After my little melt down McKay took Adalyn for a little daddy/daughter time to get me a Cafe Rio salad. So in the end everyone was happy Adalyn got out of the house and mommy got food. :) Wondering what McKay got? He is playing church ball right now so I don't think he is suffering too much.
I hate having melt downs like that. I hate how they make me feel and I am not usually very nice during them. But McKay and I both agreed that they are good for me. I occasionally need a good cry and though they aren't always pleasant, they help clue McKay in on what I am thinking/feeling. And now I feel refreshed (no nothing was solved, that is not usually my goal just need to be understood) and can go on with life.
In other news we had a great Valentines Day. Super simple. I will be honest I kind of missed being able to go on a date, have adult conversation, and not have to worry about our little cutie's bedtime. But we choose not to get a babysitter since we haven't really figured the babysitting stuff out yet here in Idaho. So that is life and I still really enjoyed loving on both of my valentines. We started a new tradition of having the traditional Red and pink dinner. I think it will be fun to do with Adalyn and her future siblings. This year we had Chicken Parmesan and jello... oh and strawberry cake. After dinner we went to Deseret Book so that McKay could pick out his Valentines gift, a new book to read on his ride to work (he rides a bus so don't worry, he is still being safe). We finished off the night with a movie. Pretty normal stuff all around, but I am glad that we at least did something. :) Love her...Love him...Hope everyone is having a good Feburary! Crazy weather, but I love it! Yesterday we went for a little walk so peaceful and so needed! Have a great night, as always.
No comments:
Post a Comment